23 more Bangladeshis evacuated from Wuhan
A total of 23 Bangladeshi nationals were evacuated from Wuhan, China by an Indian Airforce Flight in the early hour on Thursday, said an official.
They landed in Delhi on Thursday along with other Indian nationals and will be quarantined in special facilities in the suburbs of Delhi.
Hasan Jahid Tusher, a deputy press secretary of prime minister Sheikh Hasina, confirmed the news.
The government earlier were evacuated 312 Bangladeshis from Wuhan, the epicentre of the coronavirus, earlier on February 1.
They were quarantined at the Hajj Camp near the Dhaka airport and Combined Military Hospital before being released two weeks later.
Bangladesh institute of Epidemiology Disease Control and Research in Dhaka said it tested samples from 83 people in different hospitals but none was found to be infected by the virus.
Six Bangladeshi nationals reported to have been infected by coronavirus so far- five in Singapore and one in United Arab Emirates.
One of them is being treated in critical condition at the Intensive Care Unit of a Singapore hospital. (Source: New Age)